Tuesday 18 March 2014

Athletics

Athletics 

10 year old boys you're up I got taken over to the starting line everybody shaped themselves into a statue . The wait was a century . Ready steady . I was fixed to the finish line . "GO" .

I took off each steep gaining a meter every second . Moving at full speed . Passing everybody in my path . One more runner my ach enemy . Rilley hunting me in every race . But not this time .

I was by his side slipping past him every second . As we were running into the middle of the race track flying through the grass .

We were running side by side through the green , green , grass we ran over the finish line at the same speed zoom .

Walking back for my position a red stick first place . At that time I was on top of the would .

By John  

2 comments:

  1. Great choice of words John. Makes the reader feel like they are really there, experiencing the same excitement and exhilaration that you felt.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great piece of descriptive writing John. Well done to Auroa School on your success.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete